Hello neighbors! It’s me, Rose Mendez, your Catonsville Daily presenter, back in your inbox with all the more important things happening locally. Let’s go.
First, today’s weather:
Sun mixed with clouds; nice. High: 80 Low: 61.
Here are today’s top three stories in Catonsville:
- Baltimore County Emergency Management officials said several cars were caught in the floodwaters in Catonsville on the night of Wednesday, June 8.. Heavy storms brought heavy rain and wind, which dumped trees and flooded roads. (Baltimore Sun)
- There will be a Reggae & Ska Fest on Saturday, July 16th by Sun Scape Live from noon to 11 p.m. at State Fare and the El Guapo stage in Catonsville Square. Featured bands include Bumpin Uglies, Pietasters, Higher Education, Jah Works, The Players Band and more. (Your digital wall)
- Garrett College announced the list of honorary students for the spring of 2022 on June 9th. Luis Cervantes de Catonsville was recognized to make the honor roll. Students need a GPA of 3.00 to 3.49 to make the honor roll at Garrett College. (WV News)
From our sponsor:
You are a resident of Catonsville looking for a stock market investment alternative?
Bloomberg recently asked experts where they would invest $ 100,000 right now, and many of them had the same answer: fine arts.
Do you think that you can’t afford a Picasso? Well, in 2012, Congress passed the JOBS Act, which allowed for the securitization of works of art. A company called Masterworks.io created the largest platform to buy and sell art stock. In the past, you could only buy shares of companies like Apple, but with this investment app, you can unlock this powerful investment.
That is, you can invest millions of dollars in stocks of works of art. And in uncertain times, it turns out that the fine arts can be a wise investment. Here’s why:
- Little correlation with actions according to Citi
- Contemporary art historically returns 23.2% when inflation is> 3%
- Contemporary art prices surpassed the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
For more information, visit Masterworks.io, where Catonsville Daily readers can skip the waiting list.
Check out the important disclosures of Reg A
Today in Catonsville:
- At the Catonsville Branch of the Baltimore County Public Library (3:30 p.m.)
- Frederick Road Fridays: Ghost Town Radio Avinguda Mellor, 15 (18:00)
From my notebook:
- Don’t miss the Poetry Open Mic with Patti Ross on Thursday 16th June from 6pm to 7.30pm at the Catonsville Clubhouse! Located at 10 St. Timothys Lane. Click here for more information. (Instagram)
- Don’t forget that the Colonial Market Fair is tomorrow, June 11th, and Sunday, June 12th! Located at (Catonsville patch)
- Rolling Brook Yoga hosts CommUNITY Yoga at the Co-Op tomorrow, June 11, at 10:30 a.m. at the Catonsville Cooperative Market! See the link for more information. (Catonsville patch)
More from our sponsors: Thank you for supporting local news!
- Silhouette Stages presents “Cinderella” the Musical at Slayton House in Columbia (June 10)
- Wellness Together Walk-Along at Columbia Mall (June 15)
- Make a plan to buy your home (June 15)
- CRAFTSMANSHIP IN GOLTA! Events (series continues …) (June 18)
- Hire a Professional to Clean Dad’s Patio (June 19)
- Mike Marks Memorial’s Ninth Annual Golf Trip to Sophie and Madigan’s Playground (June 24)
- Add your event
Now you are up to date and ready to get started this Friday! See you around here.
– Rose Mendez
About me: Rose Mendez is a freelance writer. He is studying English literature at Hunter College. She loves reading, walking around town and coffee!